Industrial design is the external appearance of the product, expressed in lines, shapes, colors, or a combination of these factors that are new to the world and used as a sample to fabricate products industrial or handicraft products.
Conditions for industrial design protection:
Industrial design is only protected if meeting fully the following conditions:
- Be new to the world, meaning that has not been publicly disclosed anywhere in the world, in the form of publication or use.
- Have creativity, means that that industrial design cannot be easily created for people with average knowledge of their respective fields.
- Be capable of industrial application that is capable of use as a pattern for an iterative production of series of products with identical designs using industrial methods or industrial production.
The objects are not protected industrial designs:
- The external appearance of the product is created easily for professionals with average levels of respective fields;
- The external appearance is created by specification required;
- The external appearance of the construction works;
- The appearance of the product has only aesthetic value;
- The objects are contrary to the public interest, public order, and humanitarian principles.
Ha Do Law Company wishes to become a trusted and regular partner of valued Customers.
For advice and cooperation, please contact us.